Sunday, May 23, 2010

But Then I Got Advanced

Ok. So I've been officially done with my first year of college for a week now. There is absolutely no way I could summarize what happened in one blog entry. But take it from me--good stuff happened. After my first semester, I made a list of all of my favorite memories. In the interest of being original and interesting, I won't do that again. I think I'll make a list of everything I'm glad I did and everything I regret.

The Good Stuff:
-Joining Choir. Although I won't be able to continue singing with this fine group of people, they helped me transition to college more than anyone else. I can't thank them enough.
-Auditioning for Twelfth Night. Honestly, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. As it turns out, getting to know the people involved with this show started me down the path to being a theatre major.
-First semester movie nights. They were actually quite enjoyable before they got out of control.
-Second semester Boston Legal nights. This glorious tradition simply must continue in years to come.
-Auditioning for Bones. Truth be told, I almost didn't. I had been in "School for Wives or Bust" mode and my Bones audition was a total impulse decision. BEST IMPULSE EVER. Beyond the shadow of a doubt, this show was the greatest experience of my first year. It is solely responsible for making my second semester better than my first.
-Auditioning for Santa's Helper. I did this twice and it turns out the second time was the real charm. I am very VERY excited about doing Capital Fringe this summer.

The Regrets (they are few):
-Not doing Sinfonicron. I still can't believe I didn't audition. When I saw the show, it was so obvious that I would have had loads of fun. It's one of my top priorities this year.
-Not going to Choir Beach Week. If I could have, I would have. I mean, come on guys, it's Choir Beach Week.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention all of the incomparable people I met this year. I did not meet a single William and Mary student who I didn't like. You are all wonderful people and I want very much for the friendships I've forged this year to continue for decades to come. And for those of you who are extra important to me, you know who you are. I probably groped you at some point.

2 comments:

  1. We can have BL in AIR CONDITIONING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was nice to meet you, if only for a year. i'm fairly sure that i'm either sitting next to you in that picture or smoking on the porch. either way, i feel personally involved in this blog post. enjoyed your reflections :)

    ReplyDelete