Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Beginnings...With Mitch McConnell!

Ok folks. It's the moment you've all been waiting for...the time has finally come for me to renew by cobweb-laden blog! I haven't posted here in over a year and a half and I know the entire world is worse off for it. And so, out of the kindness of my heart, I have reentered the fray to ease your collective suffering. Here goes:

How exactly does one reboot a blog after such a long absence? I struggled with this question for some time and arrived at two very important conclusions:

  1. I needed to rename it. Gone is "Dirty Limericks and Other Short Stories." I found it to be too limiting...I want to write more than just dirty limericks (although there's no need to panic; I'll still pen one here and there). I want to write about EVERYTHING because I'm a complicated and important person with lots of sophisticated and well-thought-out opinions that everyone should read. And so "The Self-Loathing (Limerick) Artist" is born!
  2. My first entry must include funny pictures of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). Don't misunderstand me; I personally have nothing against Senator McConnell. I just find it endlessly amusing that the completely fair and balanced media almost invariably posts embarrassingly posed pictures of his vaguely turtle-like face. Enjoy.



 I particularly enjoy this one here on the left. The look on his face seems to say, "Oh my god they're taking pictures of me again. I just know they're going to pick the ugliest possible one. It's so unfair!"

So there you have it, folks. Senator McConnell at his most unbiased. Don't worry. The limericks are on their way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment